We take your feedback very seriously here at Maxwell. The insights we’ve gathered from you and your clients have led us to completely revamp our forms functionality and take it to the next level. With this release, you’ll see that we’ve streamlined the whole forms process. Now, forms will be easier and more efficient for you, your Admins, and their employees.
We’ll talk details below, but here are the highlights:
We’ll talk details below, but here are the highlights:
- A new, simpler and user-friendly forms dashboard gives you greater insight into the status of all your forms
- Easily send multiple forms to multiple employees
- Approve and download multiple forms at once with the click of a button
- Setting up forms to be sent automatically to employees based on their product elections is easier than ever!
Extremely intuitive interface to review and sign forms powered by DocuSign
We’ve simplified the tabs in the Administrator navigation and created one place for all things forms! With this view, you have greater insight into the status of all forms with just the right level of detail. Now you can quickly see how many forms are waiting for employee signature, how many need Administrator signature, and how many have been completed. By clicking into a particular form status, you can easily see employee forms in that status and corresponding dates.
Our priority is to get these enhancements into the hands of your new employers and those approaching open enrollment.
- All new employers will be implemented with the new forms functionality
Existing employers who do not have any forms loaded into their portal and have never used our forms functionality
- These employers will have this functionality on Monday, November 14th, since there is no transitioning to do. See Admin-facing release notes here > and see the email sent to these Admins on November 14th here >
Existing employers who do have forms loaded into their portal
Existing employers, for which a Pre-Renewal Form is submitted on or after Thursday, November 17th, will be transitioned to the new forms functionality upon release of their renewed portal
- After you submit the Pre-Renewal Form, the Maxwell team will send the Admin of that employer an email letting them know they’ll be transitioning to the new forms functionality.
- Important note: Any forms that are with the employee or Admin will need to be completed and finalized before the employer is transitioned to the new forms system at their renewal. Please reach out to your Admins with upcoming renewals and ask them to close out any forms that are out for signature or in their court to sign/approve. Once they are transitioned to the new forms system, they will not be able to access any incomplete forms from the old system.
- All other existing employers will be migrated throughout Q1—your Account Manager will have more info on that timing soon
- Existing employers, for which a Pre-Renewal Form is submitted on or after Thursday, November 17th, will be transitioned to the new forms functionality upon release of their renewed portal
OK, let’s get to the details.
Quick insight into the status of all forms
We’ve improved our auto-sending functionality to be as user-friendly as possible. We’ve done the work upfront to map the form to the correct products, so all you have to do is keep the setting turned on! Admins no longer have to decide what product actions (enroll, waive, etc.) should result in a form being sent automatically—we’ve already done this for you! Read more about auto-sending here >>
Send, approve, and download forms—fast!
- Need to kick off multiple forms to multiple employees? That’s easy! Just click Send Forms and enter the forms and the employees you need to send them to.
- We know that, especially at the end of an annual open enrollment, you might have hundreds of signed forms that you need to turn over to carriers fast. Now you can approve multiple forms all at once with the click of a button.
- Once forms have been completed, you can download them in bulk! This compiles the forms into a single zip file, great for sending to carriers after open enrollment ends.
Setting up forms to be sent automatically is now easier than ever
We’ve leveraged technology by DocuSign, an industry leader in forms and electronic signature with over 100 million users. Now, the employee and Admin signature workflow is more guided and easy-to-follow.
Extremely intuitive e-signature workflow powered by DocuSign
We’ve also increased the number of fields that can be auto-populated on a form. Two examples are covered dependents and the reason for sending the form (for example: new hire, adding a spouse, etc.). Enhancements to the auto-population logic ensure forms are completed as accurately as possible.
A few other improvements
- Employees who go through an annual open enrollment and don’t make any changes to their previous year’s election will no longer be automatically sent a form
- Once an employee submits their enrollment, they’ll see a newly designed page informing them of the forms they need to sign. Learn more about the new employee workflow here>>
- Enrollment/waiver forms no longer need to be split up into two separate forms. Employees will simply be asked to sign the relevant signature field based on whether they enrolled or waived
- Standard Administrators without salary permissions will see a lock symbol on any form that contains a salary field
Note on "Archived Forms"
Existing employers will see an “Archived Forms” tab. Here, they can download any forms that were previously finalized on the old forms system.
A few features that are available on the current forms system won’t be available for employers who are implemented with or transitioned to the new forms system. See below:
These features are being considered for the future:
- Organizing employer forms: On the current forms system, you can organize the employer’s list of forms by current, past, and future. This will no longer be the case, but we understand the need for this organization as you spend more time on the new forms system.
- Notify Admins when there are forms that need their attention: An Admin will no longer see a dashboard notification or receive an email when an employee signs a form if they had the “Form Was Signed” system notification set up under Settings > Notifications. (This notification has been removed in the new forms system). Admins should view the newly designed forms dashboard, where they’ll clearly see if any forms have been completed by employees and are pending their approval/signature.
These features are being retired:
- Ability to customize the fields that are required on the form. These requirements will be set on the form level based on the form’s instructions specified by the carrier or vendor
- Ability to see if an employee has viewed a form - the "View Log" section in Forms tab.
Ability for an Admin to edit a form before sending to the employee. An Admin can edit a form after it's been completed by the employee.
Please reach out to your Account Manager if you have any questions about these features. We’re here to help!
We’re excited for you and your clients to start using this new, streamlined workflow and e-signature interface. Our main goal with this release is to simplify your day-to-day benefits administration. It’s the first (BIG) step towards building a delightful form managing and signing experience for you, your Admins, and employees, and you can be assured we won’t stop here!